On May 5th, 2021, FosterClub and Juvenile Law Center hosted a webinar with Think of Us focusing on National Youth Awareness Campaign for child welfare organizations, local and state agencies to ensure states can connect with the young people in and from care who are eligible to receive funds through Consolidated Appropriations Act.
Summary of the Law and Implementation Updates
National Youth Awareness Campaign: Strategies for Chafee Implementation
Advocacy Announcement: Help Young People File Their Taxes by May 17th
The goal of the Think of Us National Youth Awareness Campaign for Chafee implementation is to reach over 30% of the nation’s foster youth before September 30, 2021, to provide access to the new federal aid package and virtual support services.
View the webinar recording here > > >
Download the slides >>>
RECAP FROM WEBINAR:
- Think of Us has created a map of young people by state from data they have collected from a cash grant program they launched last year. This map is designed to identify young people in and from care who may be eligible for Chafee funds.
Through this community of practice, states and jurisdictions will have access to:
- the ability send texts to thousands of young people at one time,
- technical assistance to identify what social media platforms and messages are the best methods to reach young people from care especially older youth from care ages 23-26.,
- template flyers and infographics that can be branded with organization logos and
- support navigating barriers when outreaching to older youth from care.
If you are interested in joining the Think of Us National Campaign for Chafee Implementation and Community of Practice - email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and email address.
RESOURCES FROM WEBINAR:
1) Resources and flyers for youth and families to assist with filing their taxes.
The Supporting Foster Youth and Families through the Pandemic Act (H.R. 7947) became law as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act on December 27, 2020 (PL 116-260). This law is intended to bring significant emergency relief to young people in and from foster care. Young people in and from care were instrumental in the passage of this law and it is critical that young people are involved in the implementation process.
Save the Date! Join us for our next Webinar Wednesday, May 12th at 4:00 pm ET/ 1:00 pm PT on housing opportunities!
Reach out to email@example.com for questions about this webinar or implementation.
OYPR Webinar_National Youth Awareness Campaign_.pdf